Woman who died after falling from bridge onto A406 from Haringey
A woman who died after falling from a bridge on the A406 on Monday was from Haringey, police have said.
The 30-year-old, who has not been named, was pronounced dead on the westbound carriageway near the Crooked Billet Interchange in Walthamstow.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said her death is not being treated as suspicious and officers are liasing with the woman’s family.
The RAF and London Air Ambulance attended at about 2.30pm and the road was closed for six hours, causing long queues.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as severe head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses described the woman sitting on the bridge railing and “waving at traffic” before she fell.
An inquest will open in due course to establish the cause of death.
- 1 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 6 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation