Woman treated for smoke inhalation after Belgrave Road flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a flat fire in Ilford last night.
Firefighters were called to a house which had been converted into flats on Belgrave Road in Ilford at around 5.05pm on Thursday, January 1.
The fire started in a first floor flat and firefighters from Ilford, Barking and Stratford were called in to put out the blaze.
One woman was rescued by firefighters and rushed to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
A woman and two children evacuated from a neighbouring property were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to the scene and the incident was under control by 6.14pm .
A large part of the flat was damaged by fire.
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Brigade and Metropolitan Police Service.