Woman taken from Travelodge hotel, Woodford Bridge, to hospital following suspected suicide attempt
A woman was taken to Whipps Cross University Hospital after a suspected suicide attempt at the Travelodge hotel in Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge, last night.
Firefighters were called to the hotel to reports of smoke at around 10.30pm.
Toby Graham, crew manager, at Woodford fire station said the woman, whose age is not known, was speaking with police after being taken out of her room.
An East of England ambulance service spokesman confirmed she’d been taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, but could not provide details of her condition.
Mr Graham said the fire brigade and police had got their “in time” to help the woman.
You may also want to watch:
There was no fire damage in the room.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford