Woman taken from Travelodge hotel, Woodford Bridge, to hospital following suspected suicide attempt
A woman was taken to Whipps Cross University Hospital after a suspected suicide attempt at the Travelodge hotel in Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge, last night.
Firefighters were called to the hotel to reports of smoke at around 10.30pm.
Toby Graham, crew manager, at Woodford fire station said the woman, whose age is not known, was speaking with police after being taken out of her room.
An East of England ambulance service spokesman confirmed she’d been taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, but could not provide details of her condition.
Mr Graham said the fire brigade and police had got their “in time” to help the woman.
You may also want to watch:
There was no fire damage in the room.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit