Woman sexually assaulted outside Snaresbrook tube station
A 34-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in broad daylight outside Snaresbrook tube station on Christmas Eve.
The woman had got off a westbound service and was crossing the footbridge to reach Wanstead High Street at around 3.25pm.
A man approached her and indecently touched her as he passed before the victim was able to push him away.
He then walked onto Wanstead High Street and was last seen walking in the direction of Wanstead tube station according to a British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman.
The incident is now being investigated by detectives from BTP’s Public Protection Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Maggie Storey said: “Thankfully the victim was not physically harmed but this was a frightening and intimidating ordeal for her.
“Incidents like this are rare on the tube network, but we will do absolutely everything we can to catch the man responsible and bring him to justice.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
“We are currently making local enquiries into the incident, including looking at CCTV footage, and want to hear from anyone with information that can assist our investigation into this unacceptable incident.”
The man is described as being olive-skinned and aged in his late twenties.
He wore a beige jacket and black hat, with a European accent.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact BTP on freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 278 and the date 24/12/11.
Calls with information can also be made anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.