Woman killed by police motorbike in Gants Hill identified as Harbhajan Kaur
The woman killed by a police motorbike in Gants Hill yesterday has been named as Harbhajan Kaur.
The 78-year-old grandmother was on her way to sing hymns at the Sikh Gurdwara in Barking when she was struck at around 10.30am in Eastern Avenue.
The police motorcyclist is in a serious but stable condition in an east London hospital.
The City of London officer was escorting a convoy of underprivileged schoolchildren on a seaside trip to Southend.
A post mortem examination today concluded Mrs Kaur died of multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest will open in due course and the matter has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Mrs Kaur’s family have been informed.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation