Woman killed by lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, to be buried today
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of Masuma Mawji, who died last week in Goodmayes after being hit by a lorry as she crossed the road, will be held today.
Salaatul Mayyit will be prayed at Husaini Islamic Centre, Stanmore straight after Dhuhrain Salaat.
She will be buried at North Watford Cemetery, Watford, this afternoon.
Masuma, 25, a former student of nearby Mayfield School, Pedley Road, and Redbridge College, Barley Lane, Little Heath, was killed a week ago today in Green Lane.
Family friend Ray Mehta, who has worked with Masuma’s father for more than 30 years, said: “Masuma was very courageous and she was always out on her own despite her disability, which affected her legs.
You may also want to watch:
“She always walked very slowly but she was always very careful and used the crossing. It was so sad how it happened, she was just out buying lunch.”
The family, who live in Hornchurch after moving from Dunkeld Road, Goodmayes, four years ago, are said to be “devastated”.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
• If you would like to leave a tribute for Masuma, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3800.