Woman killed by lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, to be buried today
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of Masuma Mawji, who died last week in Goodmayes after being hit by a lorry as she crossed the road, will be held today.
Salaatul Mayyit will be prayed at Husaini Islamic Centre, Stanmore straight after Dhuhrain Salaat.
She will be buried at North Watford Cemetery, Watford, this afternoon.
Masuma, 25, a former student of nearby Mayfield School, Pedley Road, and Redbridge College, Barley Lane, Little Heath, was killed a week ago today in Green Lane.
Family friend Ray Mehta, who has worked with Masuma’s father for more than 30 years, said: “Masuma was very courageous and she was always out on her own despite her disability, which affected her legs.
You may also want to watch:
“She always walked very slowly but she was always very careful and used the crossing. It was so sad how it happened, she was just out buying lunch.”
The family, who live in Hornchurch after moving from Dunkeld Road, Goodmayes, four years ago, are said to be “devastated”.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
• If you would like to leave a tribute for Masuma, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3800.