Woman killed by lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, to be buried today
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of Masuma Mawji, who died last week in Goodmayes after being hit by a lorry as she crossed the road, will be held today.
Salaatul Mayyit will be prayed at Husaini Islamic Centre, Stanmore straight after Dhuhrain Salaat.
She will be buried at North Watford Cemetery, Watford, this afternoon.
Masuma, 25, a former student of nearby Mayfield School, Pedley Road, and Redbridge College, Barley Lane, Little Heath, was killed a week ago today in Green Lane.
Family friend Ray Mehta, who has worked with Masuma’s father for more than 30 years, said: “Masuma was very courageous and she was always out on her own despite her disability, which affected her legs.
You may also want to watch:
“She always walked very slowly but she was always very careful and used the crossing. It was so sad how it happened, she was just out buying lunch.”
The family, who live in Hornchurch after moving from Dunkeld Road, Goodmayes, four years ago, are said to be “devastated”.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
• If you would like to leave a tribute for Masuma, email email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3800.