Woman killed by lorry as she ‘walked along zebra crossing’ in Green Lane, Goodmayes
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old woman has been killed after being hit by a lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, this afternoon.
The London Ambulance Service was called at 12.33pm to reports of a road traffic collision outside the Superdrug and Cash Concepts stores on A1083/Green Lane involving a lorry and a female pedestrian.
A duty officer and two ambulances were sent but the woman, who has been named locally as Masuma Mawji, died at the scene.
Eyewitness Ray Mehta, who works at Nuchem Pharmacy with her father, said: “She came out from the beauty parlour and she always walked really slowly with her crutch, but she was always careful.
“She was on her way to buy her lunch.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole family are with her now [at the scene]. They are devastated.”
He said the former Mayfield School, Pedley Road, Goodmayes, student was ‘walking along the zebra crossing’ when she was hit by the lorry, owned by the Chinese supermarket, Hoo Hing.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
Green Lane, which was closed between Waldegrave Road and Burnside Road for four hours, has now reopened.
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3825 or email email@example.com.