Woman killed by lorry as she ‘walked along zebra crossing’ in Green Lane, Goodmayes
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old woman has been killed after being hit by a lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, this afternoon.
The London Ambulance Service was called at 12.33pm to reports of a road traffic collision outside the Superdrug and Cash Concepts stores on A1083/Green Lane involving a lorry and a female pedestrian.
A duty officer and two ambulances were sent but the woman, who has been named locally as Masuma Mawji, died at the scene.
Eyewitness Ray Mehta, who works at Nuchem Pharmacy with her father, said: “She came out from the beauty parlour and she always walked really slowly with her crutch, but she was always careful.
“She was on her way to buy her lunch.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole family are with her now [at the scene]. They are devastated.”
He said the former Mayfield School, Pedley Road, Goodmayes, student was ‘walking along the zebra crossing’ when she was hit by the lorry, owned by the Chinese supermarket, Hoo Hing.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
Green Lane, which was closed between Waldegrave Road and Burnside Road for four hours, has now reopened.
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.