Woman killed after colliding with train at Ilford Station
Ilford Station was closed for more than an hour yesterday after a woman collided with a train.
The incident was reported at just after 7pm and the woman, believed to be 40-years-old, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Officers from the British Transport Police (BTP) and a crew from Ilford Fire Station also attended stopping trains in both directions.
A BTP spokeswoman said: “The incident is currently being treated as non suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
It is believed the woman is from the area.
You may also want to watch:
Lines were handed back to Network Rail at 8.27pm.
The train involved was the 5.36 service from Clacton to Liverpool Street service.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab