Woman injured in collision on Newbury Park road labelled an accident hotspot
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a road collision at a notorious accident hotspot.
The 45-year-old was in one of two cars involved in the collision in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park at about 10.40am today.
She has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford with minor injuries.
The stretch of road, which is in front of Newbury Park Tube station, has been previously labelled as “dangerous” by councillors and residents.
Last year, London mayor Boris Johnson said a new traffic light system would be in place at the junction in front of the station by October this year.
You may also want to watch:
• Did you see the accident. Do you agree the stretch road is “dangerous”. Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3806.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor