Woman in 80s in ‘serious’ condition after being hit by bus in Ilford
An 82-year-old woman is in serious condition after being hit by a double-decker bus at 9.45am this morning.
She was in collision with the 128 bus outside Lloyds TSB bank on High Road, Ilford, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, with head, chest and pelvis injuries.
Two ambulances, four police cars and the London air ambulance were all called to the scene.
It is thought the driver was male and has been driving buses for 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
A fellow driver, who regularly drove the 128 route, said: “People don’t realise buses have to make a wide turn. They always say it’s the driver’s fault. Drivers are constantly under pressure. I came through here every day and people don’t look.”
A police cordon was put in place.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder