Woman in 80s in ‘serious’ condition after being hit by bus in Ilford
An 82-year-old woman is in serious condition after being hit by a double-decker bus at 9.45am this morning.
She was in collision with the 128 bus outside Lloyds TSB bank on High Road, Ilford, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, with head, chest and pelvis injuries.
Two ambulances, four police cars and the London air ambulance were all called to the scene.
It is thought the driver was male and has been driving buses for 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
A fellow driver, who regularly drove the 128 route, said: “People don’t realise buses have to make a wide turn. They always say it’s the driver’s fault. Drivers are constantly under pressure. I came through here every day and people don’t look.”
A police cordon was put in place.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 6 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'