Woman from Ilford charged with neglect of elderly patients and fraud at Whipps Cross Hospital
A health care professional from Ilford has been charged, along with two others, with ill-treatment or neglect of a vulnerable elderly patient at Whipps Cross Hospital.
Sarmilla Gunda, 35, of Horns Road was charged with ill treatment or neglect and one count of fraud by false representation.
Annette Jackson, 32, of Simpson Road, Hounslow was charged with four counts of ill-treatment or neglect.
Akousa Sakyiwaa, 37, of Orange Grove, Leytonstone was charged with seven counts of ill treatment or neglect and one charge of common assault.
The charges were brought yesterday after enquiries were made into the alleged abuse of elderly patients at the hospital in Leytonstone.
You may also want to watch:
The women have been bailed will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on October 31.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha