Woman from Ilford charged with neglect of elderly patients and fraud at Whipps Cross Hospital
A health care professional from Ilford has been charged, along with two others, with ill-treatment or neglect of a vulnerable elderly patient at Whipps Cross Hospital.
Sarmilla Gunda, 35, of Horns Road was charged with ill treatment or neglect and one count of fraud by false representation.
Annette Jackson, 32, of Simpson Road, Hounslow was charged with four counts of ill-treatment or neglect.
Akousa Sakyiwaa, 37, of Orange Grove, Leytonstone was charged with seven counts of ill treatment or neglect and one charge of common assault.
The charges were brought yesterday after enquiries were made into the alleged abuse of elderly patients at the hospital in Leytonstone.
You may also want to watch:
The women have been bailed will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on October 31.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP