Woman found ‘working’ with expired visa at Barkingside Chinese takeaway bailed
A woman allegedly found working in a Barkingside Chinese takeaway without a valid visa has been placed on immigration bail.
The woman was arrested in Oriental Chef, High Street, Barkingside on Saturday evening by officers from the UK Border Agency.
She was found to have overstayed her visa and she has been ordered to report regularly to officers while her case is being considered.
The Recorder has so far been unable to speak to the owner of the takeaway for comment, but a member of staff denied this evening that the woman was working there.
Meanwhile two kebab shops in High Street were visited as part of the Metropolitan Police-led Operation Condor at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The operation has been launched to tackle unlicensed activity in London.
No offences were found to have been committed at the two High Street kebab shops.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath