Woman found ‘working’ with expired visa at Barkingside Chinese takeaway bailed
A woman allegedly found working in a Barkingside Chinese takeaway without a valid visa has been placed on immigration bail.
The woman was arrested in Oriental Chef, High Street, Barkingside on Saturday evening by officers from the UK Border Agency.
She was found to have overstayed her visa and she has been ordered to report regularly to officers while her case is being considered.
The Recorder has so far been unable to speak to the owner of the takeaway for comment, but a member of staff denied this evening that the woman was working there.
Meanwhile two kebab shops in High Street were visited as part of the Metropolitan Police-led Operation Condor at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The operation has been launched to tackle unlicensed activity in London.
No offences were found to have been committed at the two High Street kebab shops.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath