Woman found ‘working’ with expired visa at Barkingside Chinese takeaway bailed
A woman allegedly found working in a Barkingside Chinese takeaway without a valid visa has been placed on immigration bail.
The woman was arrested in Oriental Chef, High Street, Barkingside on Saturday evening by officers from the UK Border Agency.
She was found to have overstayed her visa and she has been ordered to report regularly to officers while her case is being considered.
The Recorder has so far been unable to speak to the owner of the takeaway for comment, but a member of staff denied this evening that the woman was working there.
Meanwhile two kebab shops in High Street were visited as part of the Metropolitan Police-led Operation Condor at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The operation has been launched to tackle unlicensed activity in London.
No offences were found to have been committed at the two High Street kebab shops.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?