Woman found dead in River Roding, Ilford, named as Lucille Melanie Sanders
The woman found dead in the River Roding on Sunday has been named as Lucille Melanie Sanders.
Lucille, also known as Lucille Melanie Espinoza, was found in the water near Ilford Golf Club shortly after 9am and pronounced dead at the scene.
She was 61 years old and lived in Redbridge. Her family have been informed.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “The incident is not believed suspicious at this stage and enquiries into the circumstances continue.”
A post-mortem examination took place today at East Ham Mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
No formal cause of death has been given and further tests are being carried out.
An inquest has opened and adjourned at Waltham Forest Coroner’s Court.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out