Woman found dead in River Roding, Ilford, named as Lucille Melanie Sanders
The woman found dead in the River Roding on Sunday has been named as Lucille Melanie Sanders.
Lucille, also known as Lucille Melanie Espinoza, was found in the water near Ilford Golf Club shortly after 9am and pronounced dead at the scene.
She was 61 years old and lived in Redbridge. Her family have been informed.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “The incident is not believed suspicious at this stage and enquiries into the circumstances continue.”
A post-mortem examination took place today at East Ham Mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
No formal cause of death has been given and further tests are being carried out.
An inquest has opened and adjourned at Waltham Forest Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School