Woman escapes fire in Chigwell house
A woman escaped a fire that started in a Chigwell house this morning.
The blaze started on the ground floor of the home in Long Green at 8am.
Ambulances and fire engines from Hainault and Ilford were sent to the scene.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “About 50 per cent of the ground floor was damaged by fire. One woman left the property before we arrived.”
The London Ambulance Service said paramedics were sent but no one needed treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan