Woman escapes fire in Chigwell house
A woman escaped a fire that started in a Chigwell house this morning.
The blaze started on the ground floor of the home in Long Green at 8am.
Ambulances and fire engines from Hainault and Ilford were sent to the scene.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “About 50 per cent of the ground floor was damaged by fire. One woman left the property before we arrived.”
The London Ambulance Service said paramedics were sent but no one needed treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 9 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
- 10 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh