Woman dies after being hit by bus in Ilford High Road
The 82-year-old woman who was hit by a double-decker bus yesterday morning in Ilford High Road has died from her injuries.
The woman, of Indian decent,had a son and three grandchildren.
She was in collision with the 128 bus outside Lloyds TSB Bank and was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel with head, chest and pelvis injuries. The woman, who lived in Ilford, died yesterday afternoon.
Two ambulances, four police cars and the London air ambulance were all called to the scene at about 9.45am.
It is thought the driver was male and has been driving buses for 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into her death is underway.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation