Woman dies after being hit by bus in Ilford High Road
The 82-year-old woman who was hit by a double-decker bus yesterday morning in Ilford High Road has died from her injuries.
The woman, of Indian decent,had a son and three grandchildren.
She was in collision with the 128 bus outside Lloyds TSB Bank and was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel with head, chest and pelvis injuries. The woman, who lived in Ilford, died yesterday afternoon.
Two ambulances, four police cars and the London air ambulance were all called to the scene at about 9.45am.
It is thought the driver was male and has been driving buses for 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into her death is underway.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes