Woman charged with Chadwell Heath murder appears in court
- Credit: Archant
The woman charged with stabbing a man to death in Chadwell Heath has appeared in court.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, appeared from custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
She did not enter a plea and the case was sent to the Old Bailey for a hearing tomorrow.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday (17).
Police were called to Glandford Way at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
You may also want to watch:
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said. “I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. I would never have expected that to happen. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as an ambulance response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year – it’s almost Christmas.”