Woman charged with Chadwell Heath murder appears in court
- Credit: Archant
The woman charged with stabbing a man to death in Chadwell Heath has appeared in court.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, appeared from custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
She did not enter a plea and the case was sent to the Old Bailey for a hearing tomorrow.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday (17).
Police were called to Glandford Way at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
You may also want to watch:
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said. “I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. I would never have expected that to happen. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as an ambulance response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year – it’s almost Christmas.”