Woman attacked in Goodmayes for £15 Apple headphones
A woman was attacked for a £15 pair of headphones as she walked to work in Goodmayes.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the assault to come forward as they try to find the man who attacked the 31-year-old on Wednesday,
She was walking in Colinton Road at 9.25pm when she saw a man, who approached her from behind and demanded she handed her phone as she held it in her hand.
She refused and then felt something hit her back.
The man grabbed her white Apple-branded headphones and fled by climbing over a fence that leads to Goodmayes Park.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was aided by an unknown resident who helped her walk to work.
It was only then that she found a small puncture wound to her shoulder which required a number of stitches.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
It is not clear at this stage what weapon was used by the man to inflict the injury.
A man in a white van saw the suspect jump over the fence as he fled.
His details are unknown and police are appealing for him to come forward to help detectives with their investigation.
The suspect is described as black, 5ft 8in and wearing a black jacket and black trousers. He spoke with an Afro Caribbean accent.
Anyone with information should call Det Sgt Matt Day at Ilford CID on 020 8345 2680.