Woman appealing for information after Ilford car smash
A woman is appealing for information after her car was left badly damaged when it was hit while parked in Ilford.
She left her black Mercedes on Longwood Gardens outside Clayhall Park on Saturday June 9 and when she returned, at about 11.15am, she found her car had been smashed into.
Shopna Zaman, 37, said: “A loud band was heard by residents of the road and they witnessed the vehicle and driver.
“The man was white and had an accent.”
The man was driving a blue Volkswagen Golf or Polo. After being confronted by a resident he claimed to live in the Clayhall area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises this man is urged to call the newsdesk on 0208 478 4444.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'