Woman, 24, charged with murder after man stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old woman has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath on Tuesday.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday.
Police were called to Glandford Way at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said. “I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. I would never have expected that to happen. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as an ambulance response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year – it’s almost Christmas.”
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary today gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Another woman, aged 34, was arrested after the incident but has been released without further action.
Officers are not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident at this time.