Woman, 24, charged with murder after man stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old woman has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath on Tuesday.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday.
Police were called to Glandford Way at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said. “I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. I would never have expected that to happen. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as an ambulance response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year – it’s almost Christmas.”
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary today gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Another woman, aged 34, was arrested after the incident but has been released without further action.
Officers are not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident at this time.