Woman, 23, punched in the face and ribcage during violent Goodmayes mugging
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old woman was punched in the face and ribcage during a violent mugging last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses after two men attacked the female in Goodmayes on Thursday.
The victim was walking down Douglas Road, towards Barley Lane, at 7.45pm when the men approached her. She was punched on the left side of her ribcage and the left side of her face, causing her nose to bleed.
A police spokesman said the woman also felt a large object on her side, which she thought may have been a knife. However, no weapon was discovered at the scene.
The victim staggered back after the assault and dropped her handbag and phone, which her assailants made off with.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect, who the victim said punched her, is described as being aged 19-25 and having dark brown eyes, a deep voice and a muscular build.
He was wearing a white scarf and his face was covered with dark clothing. The woman said she believes he is black.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
The second man is described as being aged 18-25 and of a slim build. The victim did not see him well, but believes he may be Asian.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said: “I think that level of violence is worrying and it is quite unusual, particularly in that neighbourhood.
“If anyone has found the handbag or items which may have been in the handbag can they get in touch.”
The victim was treated for her injuries but not taken to hospital.
If you have any information that may aid the police, call 101.