Pupils at Wohl Ilford Jewish Primary School enjoy positive return to the classroom
- Credit: Archant
The pupils at Wohl Ilford Jewish Primary School have enjoyed a positive return to the classroom.
Last week was the first time in months that all pupils were back on site, with Jewish studies lead Deborah Harris saying they were “excited” to return.
While a full school is a recent development, some children have been allowed to attend throughout the pandemic.
The school’s doors remained open during lockdown for the children of key workers, and on June 1 pupils from reception and Years 1 and 6 were invited to return.
This was the position until last week, when all 250-plus pupils — from nursery to Year 6 — returned to the school’s King Solomon High School campus in Forest Road, Barkingside.
You may also want to watch:
The school was given a Good rating by Ofsted at its most recent inspection in December 2016.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath