Wohl Ilford Jewish Primary School declares play area open
- Credit: Archant
Children are set to have many more years of break time fun as a Jewish school’s youngest pupil declared its new playground officially open.
There was much excitement as the ribbon was cut by Year 1 pupil, Noah Tiller, 5, at Wohl Ilford Jewish Primary School (WIJPS), Forest Road, Barkingside, last week.
A lucky few were allowed to try out the equipment before all the children were allowed access at lunchtime.
The “fantastic” climbing apparatus and special soft play-surface was entirely paid for by the school’s Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and its fundraising events throughout the year.
The play area stands alongside an existing dedicated adventure playground.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Andrea Elliker said: “We are delighted with our new play area and I can’t wait to see the children enjoying it and having fun over the coming months and years.
“It is extremely rewarding to see all our pupils so excited.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
“We are very lucky to have such amazing support from our WIJPS families and we are very grateful to them and the PTA for making this possible.”