Who needs Fireman Sam when Hainault synagogue has Fireman Keith?
- Credit: Archant
Children at one synagogue’s nursery found a way to keep cool as temperatures soared – inviting the fire brigade round to spray them down.
Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue, Limes Avenue, Hainault invited the firefighters over for a morning of fun activities.
The children got to poke round a fire engine and even try on a firefighter’s hat for size.
The officers spent the morning teaching them about what they do and played games ending in the children getting a good drenching with the hose.
Melanie Kaye, headteacher, said: “The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and absolutely screamed with delight when the fire fighter blasted the water over their heads - talk about singing in the rain!”
You may also want to watch:
The crew was from Loughton Fire Station and were all treated to fruit, cakes and a cold drinks.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown