Who needs Fireman Sam when Hainault synagogue has Fireman Keith?
- Credit: Archant
Children at one synagogue’s nursery found a way to keep cool as temperatures soared – inviting the fire brigade round to spray them down.
Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue, Limes Avenue, Hainault invited the firefighters over for a morning of fun activities.
The children got to poke round a fire engine and even try on a firefighter’s hat for size.
The officers spent the morning teaching them about what they do and played games ending in the children getting a good drenching with the hose.
Melanie Kaye, headteacher, said: “The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and absolutely screamed with delight when the fire fighter blasted the water over their heads - talk about singing in the rain!”
You may also want to watch:
The crew was from Loughton Fire Station and were all treated to fruit, cakes and a cold drinks.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say