What makes a perfect pancake?
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Tomorrow is Pancake Day when people would use up all their leftover goodies before the first day of Lent begins.
The day is also known as Shrove Tuesday which comes from the word shrive, which means to confess.
The 40 days of Lent is traditionally a time for self-examination and giving up indulgent food.
But deciding what to put on your pancakes is another matter entirely.
Purists argue that it should only be lemon and sugar, but there is also a trend for other delicacies such as chocolate spread, Golden Syrup and even jam.
You may also want to watch:
We want to hear if you have the perfect pancake recipe. What do you put on your pancakes at home? Let us know by tweeting us @ilfordrecorder, email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3826.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers