What a month for Barkingside
Weather wipes out December schedule at Oakside
BARKINGSIDE have been left frustrated with the end of 2010 and are hoping for a more productive start to 2011.
Tony Fenn’s side did not play during the entire month of December with the weather not helping the Oakside outfit in the slightest.
’Side’s game with Barking has had to be rescheduled three times in the month and second-placed Stansted were set to make the trip to Oakside on Monday for a league clash, but that game was called off due to the snow.
The last time Barkingside took to the field was on November 27, losing 5-2 to Essex Senior League table-topping side Enfield 1893.
You may also want to watch:
Fenn can now only hope January will see them back in action with Mauritius Sports the visiting side on January 3, forcing last week’s new signing Kofie Kessie from Southend Manor to wait even longer for his debut.
The Oakside chief cannot even welcome back midfielder Billy Mole, who is waiting to serve the final game of a three-match ban after getting sent off for dissent against Clapton in an Essex Senior League Cup clash back at the start of November.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones