What a month for Barkingside
Weather wipes out December schedule at Oakside
BARKINGSIDE have been left frustrated with the end of 2010 and are hoping for a more productive start to 2011.
Tony Fenn’s side did not play during the entire month of December with the weather not helping the Oakside outfit in the slightest.
’Side’s game with Barking has had to be rescheduled three times in the month and second-placed Stansted were set to make the trip to Oakside on Monday for a league clash, but that game was called off due to the snow.
The last time Barkingside took to the field was on November 27, losing 5-2 to Essex Senior League table-topping side Enfield 1893.
You may also want to watch:
Fenn can now only hope January will see them back in action with Mauritius Sports the visiting side on January 3, forcing last week’s new signing Kofie Kessie from Southend Manor to wait even longer for his debut.
The Oakside chief cannot even welcome back midfielder Billy Mole, who is waiting to serve the final game of a three-match ban after getting sent off for dissent against Clapton in an Essex Senior League Cup clash back at the start of November.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault