West Ham chairman David Gold gives tips to Redbridge business groups
Four east London chambers of commerce joined together on Thursday to hear from an local businessman made good.
The Redbridge chamber, led by chairman Geoff Hill and vice-chair Mike Crocker, was joined by businesspeople from Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Newham to hear from West Ham FC’s co-chairman David Gold.
At the football club’s hotel at its Upton Park ground, East End-born Gold, who also heads up Gold Group International incorporating companies such as Gold Aviation, Ann Summers and Knickerbox, gave an inspirational talk.
Mr Crocker, of CTS Sales and Services in Grays, judged the evening a success.
He said: “He gave us his history which was very interesting.
You may also want to watch:
“You could have stayed there for another hour, he’s a very charismatic guy.”
The evening also provided a networking opportunity and about 160 guests picked up business tips from their speaker.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Mr Crocker said: “[David] says a lot of businesses don’t put anything back into the community. He’s always had a policy with West Ham to put something back into the community.
“Don’t just sell and that’s it.”