West Ham chairman David Gold gives tips to Redbridge business groups
Four east London chambers of commerce joined together on Thursday to hear from an local businessman made good.
The Redbridge chamber, led by chairman Geoff Hill and vice-chair Mike Crocker, was joined by businesspeople from Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Newham to hear from West Ham FC’s co-chairman David Gold.
At the football club’s hotel at its Upton Park ground, East End-born Gold, who also heads up Gold Group International incorporating companies such as Gold Aviation, Ann Summers and Knickerbox, gave an inspirational talk.
Mr Crocker, of CTS Sales and Services in Grays, judged the evening a success.
He said: “He gave us his history which was very interesting.
You may also want to watch:
“You could have stayed there for another hour, he’s a very charismatic guy.”
The evening also provided a networking opportunity and about 160 guests picked up business tips from their speaker.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
Mr Crocker said: “[David] says a lot of businesses don’t put anything back into the community. He’s always had a policy with West Ham to put something back into the community.
“Don’t just sell and that’s it.”