Weather warning as heavy rain and gales expected to hit Romford today
- Credit: PA WIRE
Torrential rain and gale force winds will hit London today (Friday) – bringing the dry, sunny July the capital has been experiencing to an end.
The Met Office put in place a yellow warning for the south east from midday today until 9am tomorrow.
A Met Office spokesperson said: “An area of rain and strong to gale force winds is expected to cross much of southern England before clearing to the east on Saturday morning.”
More than 20 mm of rain is expected to fall in London and the south east, with the possibility of around 60mm drenching some areas.
Andy Ratcliffe of MeteoGroup UK said the rain and wind is set to continue and people should not expect decent weather until “later next week”.
Tweet your weather pics to @romfordrecorder and we will print the best ones!
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements