Weather warning as heavy rain and gales expected to hit Romford today
- Credit: PA WIRE
Torrential rain and gale force winds will hit London today (Friday) – bringing the dry, sunny July the capital has been experiencing to an end.
The Met Office put in place a yellow warning for the south east from midday today until 9am tomorrow.
A Met Office spokesperson said: “An area of rain and strong to gale force winds is expected to cross much of southern England before clearing to the east on Saturday morning.”
More than 20 mm of rain is expected to fall in London and the south east, with the possibility of around 60mm drenching some areas.
Andy Ratcliffe of MeteoGroup UK said the rain and wind is set to continue and people should not expect decent weather until “later next week”.
You may also want to watch:
Tweet your weather pics to @romfordrecorder and we will print the best ones!
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford