Weather warning as heavy rain and gales expected to hit Romford today
- Credit: PA WIRE
Torrential rain and gale force winds will hit London today (Friday) – bringing the dry, sunny July the capital has been experiencing to an end.
The Met Office put in place a yellow warning for the south east from midday today until 9am tomorrow.
A Met Office spokesperson said: “An area of rain and strong to gale force winds is expected to cross much of southern England before clearing to the east on Saturday morning.”
More than 20 mm of rain is expected to fall in London and the south east, with the possibility of around 60mm drenching some areas.
Andy Ratcliffe of MeteoGroup UK said the rain and wind is set to continue and people should not expect decent weather until “later next week”.
You may also want to watch:
Tweet your weather pics to @romfordrecorder and we will print the best ones!
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding