Weather warning as heavy rain and gales expected to hit Romford today
- Credit: PA WIRE
Torrential rain and gale force winds will hit London today (Friday) – bringing the dry, sunny July the capital has been experiencing to an end.
The Met Office put in place a yellow warning for the south east from midday today until 9am tomorrow.
A Met Office spokesperson said: “An area of rain and strong to gale force winds is expected to cross much of southern England before clearing to the east on Saturday morning.”
More than 20 mm of rain is expected to fall in London and the south east, with the possibility of around 60mm drenching some areas.
Andy Ratcliffe of MeteoGroup UK said the rain and wind is set to continue and people should not expect decent weather until “later next week”.
You may also want to watch:
Tweet your weather pics to @romfordrecorder and we will print the best ones!
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients