East London weather forecast: Yellow warning for thunderstorms
- Credit: Ken Mears
Next week's weather will be a mixed bag for east London, starting with thunderstorms expected tomorrow.
The storms - set to arrive on Saturday (July 3) - will be accompanied by temperatures of 22C, the hottest expected over the coming days.
This turbulent weather is unlikely to be welcomed by residents still recovering after a "tornado" hit Barking last Friday.
While such severe conditions aren't anticipated this week, the expected thunder has prompted the Met Office to issue a yellow weather warning for tomorrow.
This spells bad news for those hoping to celebrate the upcoming National BBQ Week a little early.
The weather may also force a rethink amongst football fans planning to watch England vs Ukraine outside.
Sunday and Monday look set to be dominated by cloud and light rain, before the sun finally comes out on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
By Wednesday (July 7), temperatures should rise again to around 20C, with this set to increase by one degree the following day.
Light showers are predicted for both days, despite the reasonably warm temperatures.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines