Storm: Greater Anglia trains running on ‘limited service’ through Ilford
Greater Anglia trains are running through Ilford for the first time today but there will only be a “limited service” until further notice.
Trains are running on the Liverpool Street line to Ilford, Chadwell Heath, Goodmayes and Seven Kings every 20 minutes instead of the usual 10.
Services were due to start at 9am because of storm St Jude but were delayed because of damage to the line.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website said staff had been working overnight and through the morning to fix damage to overhead wires and move fallen trees.
Due to problems with their app and live departure boards, some trains were incorrectly shown as running.
You may also want to watch:
People trying to use the Central Line were faced with a part suspension, delays and severe overcrowding during rush hour.
Gants Hill station was shut at around 8am for safety reasons as commuters queued outside to get to platforms.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 8 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Buses are running a normal service but may be affected by fallen trees and debris.
People are advised to check the TfL and Greater Anglia websites for updates before leaving home.
Are you stuck in travel chaos? Tweet us what is going on @ilfordrecorder or email firstname.lastname@example.org.