Storm: Greater Anglia trains running on ‘limited service’ through Ilford
Greater Anglia trains are running through Ilford for the first time today but there will only be a “limited service” until further notice.
Trains are running on the Liverpool Street line to Ilford, Chadwell Heath, Goodmayes and Seven Kings every 20 minutes instead of the usual 10.
Services were due to start at 9am because of storm St Jude but were delayed because of damage to the line.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website said staff had been working overnight and through the morning to fix damage to overhead wires and move fallen trees.
Due to problems with their app and live departure boards, some trains were incorrectly shown as running.
You may also want to watch:
People trying to use the Central Line were faced with a part suspension, delays and severe overcrowding during rush hour.
Gants Hill station was shut at around 8am for safety reasons as commuters queued outside to get to platforms.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
Buses are running a normal service but may be affected by fallen trees and debris.
People are advised to check the TfL and Greater Anglia websites for updates before leaving home.
Are you stuck in travel chaos? Tweet us what is going on @ilfordrecorder or email firstname.lastname@example.org.