Snow in Redbridge: Schools set to reopen on Tuesday
- Credit: Archant
The vast majority of schools in Redbridge look set to be open on Tuesday after the snow forced about half to close at the start of the week.
About 25 schools have so far given their plans for Tuesday, and all say they will open.
Some of these will carry out site inspections early in the morning before giving the final go-ahead for students and staff to make their way into school.
And a handful of schools will open slightly later, or close slight earlier, than usual.
With no more snow forecast overnight, it looks likely most, if not all, of the borough’s primary and secondary schools will be open.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday about 33 schools in Redbridge closed because of the snowfall.
Some staff, including those at Highlands Primary, Highlands Gardens, Ilford, rolled their sleeves up to ensure the area around the school was safe for pupils and teachers before making the decision to open.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London