Snow in Redbridge: Schools set to reopen on Tuesday
- Credit: Archant
The vast majority of schools in Redbridge look set to be open on Tuesday after the snow forced about half to close at the start of the week.
About 25 schools have so far given their plans for Tuesday, and all say they will open.
Some of these will carry out site inspections early in the morning before giving the final go-ahead for students and staff to make their way into school.
And a handful of schools will open slightly later, or close slight earlier, than usual.
With no more snow forecast overnight, it looks likely most, if not all, of the borough’s primary and secondary schools will be open.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday about 33 schools in Redbridge closed because of the snowfall.
Some staff, including those at Highlands Primary, Highlands Gardens, Ilford, rolled their sleeves up to ensure the area around the school was safe for pupils and teachers before making the decision to open.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green