Snow in Redbridge: Schools set to reopen on Tuesday
- Credit: Archant
The vast majority of schools in Redbridge look set to be open on Tuesday after the snow forced about half to close at the start of the week.
About 25 schools have so far given their plans for Tuesday, and all say they will open.
Some of these will carry out site inspections early in the morning before giving the final go-ahead for students and staff to make their way into school.
And a handful of schools will open slightly later, or close slight earlier, than usual.
With no more snow forecast overnight, it looks likely most, if not all, of the borough’s primary and secondary schools will be open.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday about 33 schools in Redbridge closed because of the snowfall.
Some staff, including those at Highlands Primary, Highlands Gardens, Ilford, rolled their sleeves up to ensure the area around the school was safe for pupils and teachers before making the decision to open.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 7 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals