Snow in Redbridge: Schools set to reopen on Tuesday
- Credit: Archant
The vast majority of schools in Redbridge look set to be open on Tuesday after the snow forced about half to close at the start of the week.
About 25 schools have so far given their plans for Tuesday, and all say they will open.
Some of these will carry out site inspections early in the morning before giving the final go-ahead for students and staff to make their way into school.
And a handful of schools will open slightly later, or close slight earlier, than usual.
With no more snow forecast overnight, it looks likely most, if not all, of the borough’s primary and secondary schools will be open.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday about 33 schools in Redbridge closed because of the snowfall.
Some staff, including those at Highlands Primary, Highlands Gardens, Ilford, rolled their sleeves up to ensure the area around the school was safe for pupils and teachers before making the decision to open.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid