Snow in Redbridge: Schools closing early and park gates closed
A number of schools across Redbridge are closing early today as snow piles up on the roads and pavements.
Snow began to fall in parts of the borough at around 9am.
With the white stuff settling, some schools have decided to finish early for the day.
Schools closing at 1pm are:
• Coppice Primary, Manford Way Hainault
You may also want to watch:
• The Ursuline Academy, Morland Road, Ilford (except for Year 13s taking exams)
• Hatton School, Roding Lane South, Woodford Green
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
• Trinity Catholic High, Mornington Road, Woodford Green
Schools closing at 1.15pm are:
• Woodbridge High, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green (open for sixth formers)
• Clore Tikva, Fullwell Avenue, Barkingside
• Seven Kings High, Ley Street, Ilford
Schools closing at 1.30pm are:
• Grove Primary, Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath
• Winston Way Primary, Winston Way, Ilford
• Gordon Infants, Golfe Road, Ilford
• Nightingale Primary, Ashbourne Avenue, South Woodford
• Oakdale Junior School, Oakdale Road, South Woodford
Schools closing at 2pm are:
• Newbridge School Barley Lane campus, Goodmayes
• Roding Primary School, Roding Lane North, Woodford Bridge
Schools closing at 2.30pm are:
• Cranbrook Primary, The Drive, Ilford
• Chadwell Primary, High Road, Chadwell Heath
Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend because of the bad weather.
And Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
Check back here throughout the day for further updates on how the snow is affecting the borough.
To send us your pictures of the snow, email email@example.com, tweet as @IlfordRecorder, or post them to london.iwitness24.co.uk.