Snow in Redbridge: Many schools make decision to close
- Credit: citizenside.com
More than thirty schools across Redbridge have decided to close today in response to the heavy snow.
Persistent snowfall on Sunday has left pavements covered, forcing some schools to make the early decision to close.
Others waited until this morning to make that call, while some have announced they are opening either as normal, or later in the morning.
About 15 schools closed early on Friday because of the severe weather.
These are the schools that have so far said they will be closed today:
• Avanti Court Primary, Carlton Drive, Barkingside
• Barley Lane Primary, Huxley Drive, Chadwell Heath
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
• Chadwell Primary, High Road, Chadwell Heath
• Cleveland Infants, Cleveland Road, Ilford
• Cleveland Junior, Cleveland Road, Ilford
• Clore Tikva Primary, Fullwell Avenue, Barkingside
• Coppice Primary, Manford Way, Hainault
• Cranbrook Primary, The Drive, Ilford
• Fullwood Primary, Burford Close, Barkingside
• Grove Primary. Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath
• Hatton School, Roding Lane South, Woodford Green
• Ilford Jewish Primary, Carlton Drive, Barkingside
• King Solomon High, Forest Road, Barkingside
• Little Heath Foundation, Hainault Road, Little Heath
• Loxford Primary, Loxford Lane, Ilford
• Loxford School of Science and Technology, Loxford Lane, Ilford
• Mayespark Primary, Goodmayes Lane, Goodmayes
• Newbridge School, Gresham Drive, Chadwell Heath and Barley Lane, Goodmayes
• Nightingale Primary, Ashborune Avenue, South Woodford
• Oakdale Infants, Woodville Road, South Woodford
• Oakdale Junior, Oakdale Road, South Woodford
• Roding Primary, Roding Lane North, Woodford Bridge
• Seven Kings High Ley Street, Seven Kings (exams will still take place)
• Snaresbrook Primary, Meadow Walk, South Woodford
• St Augustine’s Catholic, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill
• St Bede’s Catholic, Canon Avenue, Chadwell Avenue
• Trinity Catholic High, Mornington Road, Woodford Green
• Uphall Primary, Uphall Road, Ilford
• Valentines High, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill (exams will still take place)
• Winston Way Primary, Winston Way, Ilford
• Wooodford County High, High Road, Woodford Green
• Woodlands Infants, Loxford Lane, Ilford
• Woodlands Junior, Loxford Lane, Ilford
Beal High, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, will open at 10.45am with first lessons at 11.10am, while Ilford County High, Fremantle Road, Barkingside, will open at 9.30am.
The Forest Academy, Harbourer Road, Hainault, will open at 10.45am, Mayfield School, Pedley Road, Goodmayes, will open at 9.45am and Caterham High, Caterham Avenue, Clayhall will open at 10.30am.
Gordan Infants School will close at 2pm, while Glade Primary, Atherton Road, Clayhall will close at 1.30pm.
A number of schools have said they will let parents know their decision over whether to close by group text.
Meanwhile, roads have been gritted through the night by Redbridge Council, as drivers and commuters brace themselves for what could be a difficult journey into work.
Vehicle gates to parks across the borough are closed, but pedestrian gates remain open.
It is not known at this stage whether the three council area committee meetings scheduled at various locations in the borough for Monday night - including two at schools – will go ahead.
If you have been out and about taking pictures of the borough covered in snow, we would love to see them.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; post them to london.iwitness24.co.uk; tweet us @IlfordRecorder; or post them to our Ilford Recorder Facebook page.