Snowy scenes across Redbridge
- Credit: Gareth Jones
While the temperature has plunged and the snow keeps falling residents across Redbridge have sent in pictures from their winter wonderland.
Staff at Haven House in Woodford Green said the snow made their grounds look even more magical than usual.
Gardener's Cottage Cafe in Valentines Park posted "Christmas card views" of Valentines Mansion and reminded people it is still open for a takeaway cuppa.
South Park in Ilford was a snowy wonderland with the ducks switching from their sea legs to snow legs.
Up the street there was a tranquil scene of snow in the cemetery at St Mary's Church.
You may also want to watch:
The forecast calls for the snow to stop on Tuesday afternoon before the temperature drops even further, with lows of -6C.
Those cold temperatures are a far cry from up north where the coldest night of the winter in the UK has been recorded as -16.7C in the Scottish Highlands.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan