Snowy scenes across Redbridge
- Credit: Gareth Jones
While the temperature has plunged and the snow keeps falling residents across Redbridge have sent in pictures from their winter wonderland.
Staff at Haven House in Woodford Green said the snow made their grounds look even more magical than usual.
Gardener's Cottage Cafe in Valentines Park posted "Christmas card views" of Valentines Mansion and reminded people it is still open for a takeaway cuppa.
South Park in Ilford was a snowy wonderland with the ducks switching from their sea legs to snow legs.
Up the street there was a tranquil scene of snow in the cemetery at St Mary's Church.
You may also want to watch:
The forecast calls for the snow to stop on Tuesday afternoon before the temperature drops even further, with lows of -6C.
Those cold temperatures are a far cry from up north where the coldest night of the winter in the UK has been recorded as -16.7C in the Scottish Highlands.
- 1 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 4 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 5 How many Covid vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 6 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 7 Council's housing budget and rent rise agreed
- 8 Appeal to trace man following brutal Ilford gang rape
- 9 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 10 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London