Snowy scenes across Redbridge
- Credit: Gareth Jones
While the temperature has plunged and the snow keeps falling residents across Redbridge have sent in pictures from their winter wonderland.
Staff at Haven House in Woodford Green said the snow made their grounds look even more magical than usual.
Gardener's Cottage Cafe in Valentines Park posted "Christmas card views" of Valentines Mansion and reminded people it is still open for a takeaway cuppa.
South Park in Ilford was a snowy wonderland with the ducks switching from their sea legs to snow legs.
Up the street there was a tranquil scene of snow in the cemetery at St Mary's Church.
You may also want to watch:
The forecast calls for the snow to stop on Tuesday afternoon before the temperature drops even further, with lows of -6C.
Those cold temperatures are a far cry from up north where the coldest night of the winter in the UK has been recorded as -16.7C in the Scottish Highlands.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase