Redbridge to expect strong winds as Met Office issues Yellow warning
- Credit: PA Images
A Yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for the east of England as “very strong winds” are expected tomorrow evening and Friday morning.
The weather warning has been announced as strong gusts of wind are predicted to develop across parts of Wales and England during Thursday evening and Friday morning.
It is most likely that we will see gusts of 45-50mph in a few spots inland as well as more widely around exposed coasts.
However, there is also a small chance that there will be stronger winds going at 60-65mph in some areas.
There will be short-lived outbreaks of very heavy rain in places as well.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office says to expect a slight chance of some damage to buildings, a small chance of longer journey times and a slight chance that power cuts might occur.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix