London set for mini heatwave, with chance of 25C temperatures
- Credit: Sean Pollock
The heatwave we should have had in August is arriving a bit late — but it's still expected to come.
Forecasters tell us we'll be basking this coming week with long spells of sunshine beginning Saturday, September 4.
Any overnight cloud should break in the morning, and the Met Office said the maximum temperature could be 24C.
Sunday looks to be dry and bright, with more sunshine and maybe a little breezy, according to the forecasters.
Then it's pure sunshine set for Monday and the rest of the week, feeling very warm for September with temperatures reaching 25C-plus.
You may also want to watch:
The mini-heatwave in London could last until the next weekend, it is predicted. That makes up for a disappointing August.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August