Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning of heavy rain for London.
Starting from 4pm this afternoon, forecasters have predicted disruptions this evening and overnight as a result of the wet and windy weather.
They have advised of potential disruption to power supplies and other services, while "flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely".
Journeys are also expected to be impacted due to flooding on the roads.
This comes following a thunderstorm warning which runs through to midday today (October 20).
The weather is expected to remain relatively dry across London until later this afternoon, with temperatures of 16°/17°.
- 1 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 6 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 7 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 10 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear