Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- Credit: PA
A yellow weather warning has been issued across London and the south east of England.
The Met Office has warned that thunderstorms are expected between 1pm to just before 12 midnight today (Tuesday, July 20).
The forecasters are currently expecting the rain to hit around 3pm or 4pm in east London.
It is expected that the storms will impact travel and power supplies, with flash flooding a risk.
There is a chance of lightning strikes, hail and strong winds and the Met Office has warned of difficult driving conditions and road closures.
Should there be flooding or lightning strikes, train and bus services could be cancelled.
The weather forecast shows that although the thunderstorm may miss some places, where it hits is likely to experience torrential rain, frequent lightning and gusty winds.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Teen boy sexually assaulted on Redbridge bus: Image of wanted man released
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 9 Oaks Park pupils present video at Anne Frank Trust event
- 10 Redbridge Tories call for council reform after monkey costume scandal
It is predicted that the thunderstorms could produce 30 to 60mm of rain within one to two hours.
Power cuts may also occur as a result of the thunderstorms and services to homes and businesses could be lost.