In pictures: Redbridge covered in snow
- Credit: citizenside.com
Redbridge is covered in a blanket of snow, and Ilford Recorder readers have been out and about capturing picturesque scenes of the borough from all sorts of interesting angles.
Some have taken to our photo-sharing website iwitness to share their pictures of the snow, including of Ilford from above and footprints in the white stuff.
To view a gallery of snowy Redbridge pictures, click on the link at the top right of this page.
About 15 schools across Redbridge closed early because of the bad weather, while Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend.
Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are in place to ensure the community meals service continues as normal, with 4x4 vehicles to be used.
We would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 5 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder