In pictures: Redbridge covered in snow
- Credit: citizenside.com
Redbridge is covered in a blanket of snow, and Ilford Recorder readers have been out and about capturing picturesque scenes of the borough from all sorts of interesting angles.
Some have taken to our photo-sharing website iwitness to share their pictures of the snow, including of Ilford from above and footprints in the white stuff.
To view a gallery of snowy Redbridge pictures, click on the link at the top right of this page.
About 15 schools across Redbridge closed early because of the bad weather, while Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend.
Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are in place to ensure the community meals service continues as normal, with 4x4 vehicles to be used.
We would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – email@example.com
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder