In pictures: Redbridge covered in snow
- Credit: citizenside.com
Redbridge is covered in a blanket of snow, and Ilford Recorder readers have been out and about capturing picturesque scenes of the borough from all sorts of interesting angles.
Some have taken to our photo-sharing website iwitness to share their pictures of the snow, including of Ilford from above and footprints in the white stuff.
To view a gallery of snowy Redbridge pictures, click on the link at the top right of this page.
About 15 schools across Redbridge closed early because of the bad weather, while Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend.
Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
Plans are in place to ensure the community meals service continues as normal, with 4x4 vehicles to be used.
We would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 7 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 8 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder