In pictures: Redbridge covered in snow
- Credit: citizenside.com
Redbridge is covered in a blanket of snow, and Ilford Recorder readers have been out and about capturing picturesque scenes of the borough from all sorts of interesting angles.
Some have taken to our photo-sharing website iwitness to share their pictures of the snow, including of Ilford from above and footprints in the white stuff.
To view a gallery of snowy Redbridge pictures, click on the link at the top right of this page.
About 15 schools across Redbridge closed early because of the bad weather, while Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend.
Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are in place to ensure the community meals service continues as normal, with 4x4 vehicles to be used.
We would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – email@example.com
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder