In pictures: Redbridge covered in snow
- Credit: citizenside.com
Redbridge is covered in a blanket of snow, and Ilford Recorder readers have been out and about capturing picturesque scenes of the borough from all sorts of interesting angles.
Some have taken to our photo-sharing website iwitness to share their pictures of the snow, including of Ilford from above and footprints in the white stuff.
To view a gallery of snowy Redbridge pictures, click on the link at the top right of this page.
About 15 schools across Redbridge closed early because of the bad weather, while Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend.
Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are in place to ensure the community meals service continues as normal, with 4x4 vehicles to be used.
We would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 8 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – email@example.com
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder