Ilford readers send in snowy snaps
- Credit: Archant
The white stuff has landed and Recorder readers have been sending in their snaps of the snow.
Ilford residents woke up this morning and within a few hours their gardens were covered in snow, and shovels were out to clear drives as the ‘Beast from the East’ struck homes across London.
Some parts of the UK are set to plummet below zero and Amber warnings of snow have been issued by the Met Office for north east, central and south eastern England on Tuesday, and eastern Scotland on Wednesday.
Widespread snow is forecast, and the Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
By the middle of this week, most of Britain is being warned to watch out for the potential for delays on the roads, trains and in the air.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder has asked readers to send in their snaps of the snow, and we have received a few photos already but if you have any more please send them to us on Facebook or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford