Ilford readers send in snowy snaps
- Credit: Archant
The white stuff has landed and Recorder readers have been sending in their snaps of the snow.
Ilford residents woke up this morning and within a few hours their gardens were covered in snow, and shovels were out to clear drives as the ‘Beast from the East’ struck homes across London.
Some parts of the UK are set to plummet below zero and Amber warnings of snow have been issued by the Met Office for north east, central and south eastern England on Tuesday, and eastern Scotland on Wednesday.
Widespread snow is forecast, and the Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
By the middle of this week, most of Britain is being warned to watch out for the potential for delays on the roads, trains and in the air.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder has asked readers to send in their snaps of the snow, and we have received a few photos already but if you have any more please send them to us on Facebook or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School