Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station