Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 6 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder