Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them