Brrrr! Snow falling across Redbridge as borough braces for a deluge
- Credit: citizenside.com
Snow has started to fall across Redbridge, with the white stuff predicted to continue to come down for much of the weekend.
With the ground dry and the temperatures low, the snow is likely to settle and create problems for drivers and commuters travelling tonight.
But is will also put a smile on plenty of faces, and leave the borough looking particularly picturesque.
So we would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
You may also want to watch:
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder
Meanwhile, Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
Two schools – Coppice Primary, Manford Way Hainault and The Ursuline Academy, Morland Road, Ilford – will close at 1pm today.
At 1.30pm, both Grove Primary, Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath and Winston Way Primary, Winston Way, Ilford, will close.