Brrrr! Snow falling across Redbridge as borough braces for a deluge
- Credit: citizenside.com
Snow has started to fall across Redbridge, with the white stuff predicted to continue to come down for much of the weekend.
With the ground dry and the temperatures low, the snow is likely to settle and create problems for drivers and commuters travelling tonight.
But is will also put a smile on plenty of faces, and leave the borough looking particularly picturesque.
So we would love to see your pictures of the snow, be it of a snowman outside your house, a friendly snowball fight, a difficult journey on the roads or just of the scenery.
We’ll publish as many as we can on ilfordrecorder.co.uk, and print some in our newspaper too.
You may also want to watch:
There are a number of ways you can send us your snow pictures or stories:
• Email – email@example.com
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
• Online – london.iwitness24.co.uk
• Twitter – @IlfordRecorder
• Facebook – Ilford Recorder
Meanwhile, Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
Two schools – Coppice Primary, Manford Way Hainault and The Ursuline Academy, Morland Road, Ilford – will close at 1pm today.
At 1.30pm, both Grove Primary, Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath and Winston Way Primary, Winston Way, Ilford, will close.