We're trying to limit new takeaways
I WRITE in reply to Barbara White s letter (Recorder, last week). I would like to comment that Redbridge Primary Policy, that was adopted in May 2008, seeks to restrict the number of takeaways/cafes/restaurants to no more that 20 per cent in designated ar
I WRITE in reply to Barbara White's letter (Recorder, last week). I would like to comment that Redbridge Primary Policy, that was adopted in May 2008, seeks to restrict the number of takeaways/cafes/restaurants to no more that 20 per cent in designated areas.
These include local centres, key retail parades, Ilford, Barkingside, South Woodford, Wanstead and Gants Hill.
Unfortunately the council can only restrict new proposals for hot-food takeaways and have limited powers in respect of existing establishments.
Personally, as a councillor, I regularly check the planning list every week for any new takeaway applications which come into Aldborough Ward and Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
I have also met the borough commander to express my view that antisocial behaviour and disbursement of people coming out of bars and clubs are made worse by the takeaway establishments located nearby.
CLLR RUTH CLARK Aldborough Ward
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 7 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust