We're trying to limit new takeaways
I WRITE in reply to Barbara White s letter (Recorder, last week). I would like to comment that Redbridge Primary Policy, that was adopted in May 2008, seeks to restrict the number of takeaways/cafes/restaurants to no more that 20 per cent in designated ar
I WRITE in reply to Barbara White's letter (Recorder, last week). I would like to comment that Redbridge Primary Policy, that was adopted in May 2008, seeks to restrict the number of takeaways/cafes/restaurants to no more that 20 per cent in designated areas.
These include local centres, key retail parades, Ilford, Barkingside, South Woodford, Wanstead and Gants Hill.
Unfortunately the council can only restrict new proposals for hot-food takeaways and have limited powers in respect of existing establishments.
Personally, as a councillor, I regularly check the planning list every week for any new takeaway applications which come into Aldborough Ward and Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
I have also met the borough commander to express my view that antisocial behaviour and disbursement of people coming out of bars and clubs are made worse by the takeaway establishments located nearby.
CLLR RUTH CLARK Aldborough Ward
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha