We're trying to limit new takeaways
I WRITE in reply to Barbara White s letter (Recorder, last week). I would like to comment that Redbridge Primary Policy, that was adopted in May 2008, seeks to restrict the number of takeaways/cafes/restaurants to no more that 20 per cent in designated ar
I WRITE in reply to Barbara White's letter (Recorder, last week). I would like to comment that Redbridge Primary Policy, that was adopted in May 2008, seeks to restrict the number of takeaways/cafes/restaurants to no more that 20 per cent in designated areas.
These include local centres, key retail parades, Ilford, Barkingside, South Woodford, Wanstead and Gants Hill.
Unfortunately the council can only restrict new proposals for hot-food takeaways and have limited powers in respect of existing establishments.
Personally, as a councillor, I regularly check the planning list every week for any new takeaway applications which come into Aldborough Ward and Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
I have also met the borough commander to express my view that antisocial behaviour and disbursement of people coming out of bars and clubs are made worse by the takeaway establishments located nearby.
CLLR RUTH CLARK Aldborough Ward
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket