Water is returned to Woodford Green tower block after pipe problem
A problem which was causing homes in a Woodford Green estate to be without water has been fixed.
Residents in the Liston Way block of the Orchard Estate went without water for close to a day after a problem with a mains pipe.
Homes lost their water supply at 5pm on Tuesday and engineers are believed to have fixed the problem before 3pm yesterday.
The estate is undergoing a multi-million pound engineering project to install new heating systems, double glazing and cladding.
Denice Spratt, 63, who lives in the block, thanked a neighbour who had not lost his water supply and had been helping to fill up pots and pans for others.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It shows how nice people can be.”
The problem was caused due to one of the valves getting stuck because of grit in the system, according to a Redbridge Council spokesman.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
She said four homes reported the problem and a contractor had been to them all to check they now had water.