Water is returned to Woodford Green tower block after pipe problem
A problem which was causing homes in a Woodford Green estate to be without water has been fixed.
Residents in the Liston Way block of the Orchard Estate went without water for close to a day after a problem with a mains pipe.
Homes lost their water supply at 5pm on Tuesday and engineers are believed to have fixed the problem before 3pm yesterday.
The estate is undergoing a multi-million pound engineering project to install new heating systems, double glazing and cladding.
Denice Spratt, 63, who lives in the block, thanked a neighbour who had not lost his water supply and had been helping to fill up pots and pans for others.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It shows how nice people can be.”
The problem was caused due to one of the valves getting stuck because of grit in the system, according to a Redbridge Council spokesman.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 6 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
She said four homes reported the problem and a contractor had been to them all to check they now had water.