Watch as Stacey Solomon wins thousands for King George Hospital on ITV’s The Chase
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
King George Hospital is to receive a funding boost thanks to reality TV star Stacey Solomon.
The former X Factor contestant pledged £17,000 to ITV quiz show The Chase to the King George and Queen’s Hospitals Charity.
Stacey wowed the audience after winning an incredible £60,000 to go towards her team’s total.
The money will be spent on improving children’s services at the hospitals, where her sister Jemma Solomon works as a nurse.
It will go specifically to the haemoglobinopathy team, which supports children with hereditary conditions affecting the haemoglobin of their red blood cells.
You may also want to watch:
Mum-of-two Stacey, who went to King Solomon High School in Barkingside, wowed the audience with her performance on the show on Sunday night as she scooped £60,000 for charity.
Her sister Jemma is a paediatric nurse at the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT), specialising in haemoglobinopathy.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford