Want to get fit for the summer? How about joining this lot in Valentines Park?
- Credit: Archant
What do you get if you put a Christian, Muslim, Jew and Sikh in a park together? The interfaith park run of course.
Every Saturday people join together to run – and, to be honest, walk – around Valentines Park, Cranbrook Road, Ilford.
The weekly runs start at 9am and are organised by the Redbridge Faith Forum together with Sikhs in the City. Shamshia Ali, from the forum, said: “Running is a fantastic opportunity for people of different faiths to walk, talk and run together.”
Almost 70 people are registered for the runs, from four different faith groups, with many participants already beating their personal bests.
Miss Ali added: “Even when it’s been raining there’s been a fantastic turn out.”
You may also want to watch:
n For more information email email@example.com
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Plot holders 'not convinced' by reassurances over allotments takeover plan
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle