Want to get fit for the summer? How about joining this lot in Valentines Park?
- Credit: Archant
What do you get if you put a Christian, Muslim, Jew and Sikh in a park together? The interfaith park run of course.
Every Saturday people join together to run – and, to be honest, walk – around Valentines Park, Cranbrook Road, Ilford.
The weekly runs start at 9am and are organised by the Redbridge Faith Forum together with Sikhs in the City. Shamshia Ali, from the forum, said: “Running is a fantastic opportunity for people of different faiths to walk, talk and run together.”
Almost 70 people are registered for the runs, from four different faith groups, with many participants already beating their personal bests.
Miss Ali added: “Even when it’s been raining there’s been a fantastic turn out.”
You may also want to watch:
n For more information email email@example.com
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 6 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November