Wanstead woman scoops £1,500 in lottery draw for Woodford Green’s Haven House Children’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Wanstead woman has won £1,500 in a lottery draw.
Claire McDonald, of Woodlands Avenue, scooped the prize in Haven House Children’s Hospice’s weekly lottery last month.
She said: “I only joined the scheme a few months ago and I never normally win anything, so it was a nice surprise to find out I had scooped the top prize.
“Initially I signed up because I know the great work that Haven House provides to our community, but I never really expected to win anything so soon.”
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of the hospice in High Road, Woodford Green, said: “We know that in the current economic climate people may not have the extra funds to regularly donate to the hospice, so the lottery is an ideal solution as it means a constant revenue stream for us and the chance for players to win something back.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the draw, contact the Local Hospice Lottery on 0845 122 0772 or visit www.localhospicelottery.org.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 6 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower