Planning application for 20m phone mast in Wanstead
- Credit: Archant
A planning application has been submitted to erect a 20metre phone mast in Wanstead.
Applicant Telefonica is seeking permission for an 02 and Vodafone “monopole” and installation of six equipment cabinets and a meter cabinet at the junction of Kingfisher Avenue and Gardener Close.
If approved, the pole would replace a 15-metre pole and one cabinet at the site.
In their application, Telefonica said: “Careful consideration has been given to the siting and appearance of the installation when proposing it at this location and equipment has been designed specifically for this location.
“It incorporates a number of elements to minimise impact, including keeping the scale of development to a minimum. “This impact would be offset by the benefits of the proposal with continued and enhanced coverage to the area.”
You may also want to watch:
The applicant said although the mast is taller and of a slightly “larger cross-section,” it will not impact on the area which comprises a number of high rise buildings.
“There are no schools in close proximity to the site,” it read.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
“The closest schools are St Joseph’s Convent School and Wanstead Church School.
“Both are over 400 metres away from the proposed site location.”