Wanstead man, 62, punched repeatedly in the face for cash and watch
A 62-year-old man was repeatedly punched in the face as he was mugged for �150, a debit card and a watch.
The man was walking in Windsor Road, Wanstead, at about 10.10pm on Friday when he heard and then saw two people running towards him.
One demanded money, while the other put his hands into the man’s trouser pocket and pulled out his wallet.
He was then punched in the face a number of times before the pair fled.
The man was left with swelling to his left eye socket and a cut inside his lip.
You may also want to watch:
The pair police are looking for are described as aged between 15 and 18, with one wearing dark clothing and the other wearing a dark hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det Con Lola Beckles on 0208 345 2711.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School