Wanstead High School Film Club’s big day out
Wanstead High School has been nominated Film Club of the year and was invited to attend the First Light Movie Awards at London’s Odeon Leicester Square.
The school, in Redbridge Lane West, was nominated by the club along with just two other schools out of the 7000 who are members of Film Club project.
Film Club is an education charity which helps schools set up and run successful film clubs.
These consist of weekly screenings, online reviewing and industry events.
Fifty students went to a preview of Toy Story 3 last year, making their own animated films and currently the team are busy running a silent movie project.
A school spokesman said: “At the awards, held at the Odeon Leicester square, we saw actors and comedians including David Morrissey and Tamsin Greig handing out the awards in front of a very excited and appreciative audience. Sadly we didn’t win, but everyone really enjoyed the day, especially the after party at Planet Hollywood.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 8 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts