Wanstead High School Film Club’s big day out
Wanstead High School has been nominated Film Club of the year and was invited to attend the First Light Movie Awards at London’s Odeon Leicester Square.
The school, in Redbridge Lane West, was nominated by the club along with just two other schools out of the 7000 who are members of Film Club project.
Film Club is an education charity which helps schools set up and run successful film clubs.
These consist of weekly screenings, online reviewing and industry events.
Fifty students went to a preview of Toy Story 3 last year, making their own animated films and currently the team are busy running a silent movie project.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “At the awards, held at the Odeon Leicester square, we saw actors and comedians including David Morrissey and Tamsin Greig handing out the awards in front of a very excited and appreciative audience. Sadly we didn’t win, but everyone really enjoyed the day, especially the after party at Planet Hollywood.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha