Wanstead High School Film Club’s big day out
Wanstead High School has been nominated Film Club of the year and was invited to attend the First Light Movie Awards at London’s Odeon Leicester Square.
The school, in Redbridge Lane West, was nominated by the club along with just two other schools out of the 7000 who are members of Film Club project.
Film Club is an education charity which helps schools set up and run successful film clubs.
These consist of weekly screenings, online reviewing and industry events.
Fifty students went to a preview of Toy Story 3 last year, making their own animated films and currently the team are busy running a silent movie project.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “At the awards, held at the Odeon Leicester square, we saw actors and comedians including David Morrissey and Tamsin Greig handing out the awards in front of a very excited and appreciative audience. Sadly we didn’t win, but everyone really enjoyed the day, especially the after party at Planet Hollywood.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones