A-level results: Wanstead High School celebrates another strong year
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
It has been another bumper year for results at Wanstead High School as the headteacher paid tribute to his students’ hard work.
Headteacher Bob Hamlyn said: "We've had some outstanding results, we're very pleased, the students have worked really hard and are going to some great unis."
One of the school's top students, Thomas O'Grady, achieved three A*s and plans to study physics at Durham.
"I only needed the two A*s for Durham," he said, "I couldn't have hoped for better!"
Jasmin Odeogberin, after turning down an unconditional offer from another university has decided to go to Loughborough University to study geography.
You may also want to watch:
"I am relieved," said her mum who accompanied her on the day.
Celebrating one of many achievements, Jasmin, also an under 19s England Netball Team player just returned in time for results from a tour around Australia and New Zealand.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Milly Finch, a friend of Jasmin's also celebrated getting into Nottingham University to study English literature.